ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED FROM ROLE-PLAYING GAMES
by Allen Varney1. If it doesn't say you can't, you can.
2. If it says you can't but you argue convincingly, you can.
3. No rule covers all situations.
4. Some people are just plain lucky. Some aren't.
5. However, fortune favors the bold, or at least the entertaining.
6. The best way to solve a problem is to get around it.
7. There are some problems you can't get around.
8. Poor communication produces disastrous mistakes.
9. Sometimes mistakes are more fun than correct choices.
10. Those in authority are human beings like you and me. They treat youbetter if you bring them food.
11. Honesty is the best policy -- if you're behaving yourself.
12. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
13. A smooth talker is always playing you like a fish on a hook.
14. Enlightened understanding is always the key.
15. Clean up your mess after you're done playing.
16. Planned obsolescence is a potent marketing force. Start saving now forthe second edition of this article.